We created our coaching program because we were constantly seeing people get stuck before ever getting to their first deal. It can be a very intimidating career when you don’t know how to find discounted deals, you don’t know what to offer, you don’t know how to fix the property up, you don’t have the funds, just to name a few fears many have.
Not having the money and not knowing where to find deals are probably the two largest hurdles that scare potential investors away. They don’t realize that there are ways to fund the deal without using your own money and their knowledge of homes for sale are only on MLS or “for-sale-by-owner” properties.
This lack of knowledge is because you don’t have a mentor guiding you through the process. Let’s consider a few scenarios where it makes sense to have a mentor to lean on:
- You have a friend who inherited a property and they want to sell but it hasn’t been well-maintained and needs a lot of work.
- What do you offer?
- Is the house in probate?
- You find a property from driving around your neighborhood that looks vacant.
- How do you find out more about the property and the owner?
- What happens if the title isn’t clean?
- You meet with a potentially motivated seller and they tell you there are 5 other investors who are going to look at the property tomorrow.
- How do you make them want to take your deal over someone else’s?
- What do you do when someone asks you how you came up with your offer?
- Do you share your formula you used to get the offer?
- Do you share your rehab estimates?
- What happens when someone says they’ll take your offer?
- What’s your next steps after contracting?
- What happens if they back out and go with someone else?
- How can you protect your contract?
- What happens when you spend a few thousand dollars on marketing, and you’re struggling to answer calls and set appointments with your full-time job?
- What happens if your phone isn’t ringing?
The list goes on and on and on with different scenarios that stump new investors. With a coach or mentor, you can get your questions answered fairly quickly and continue on with the process of closing your first deal.
We’ve talked to students of ours who tried for years to get started with no success, and were doing deals within a few months after joining our coaching program.
The shortcut you get with a mentor comes with a price but if you can leave your 9-to-5 job and become your own boss while making more money, it pays for itself in no time.
We invest years of our time and thousands of our dollars on college and many don’t ever use their degree. Why not pay for education that you can implement today?